via Anthropologie.com From wrapping paper to Christmas ornaments, Anthropologie always gets it right. The items above are perfect for any home or Holiday gift idea. What do you think? Advertisements
These rooms are amazing! If money were no object, every corner of my house would be filled with items from RH. All I can say is wow! How do you feel about this style for your home?
all you need
:: old table
:: sand paper
:: white + grey paint
:: painters tape
:: a yard stick
:: furniture stain
:: old chains
:: clear coat
1. sand the entire table.
2. clean the table throughly. using TSP will do the trick.
3. once dry, paint the table white ( may require several coats).
4. tape a checkerboard pattern on the table top, using a yard stick and painters tape.
5. paint alternating squares grey.
6. once having achieved the checkerboard pattern, allow the paint to completely dry.
7. begin distressing the table by beating it with the chains and sanding down all corner and edges that would normally become distressed overtime.
8. in order to not have a starch white table, apply a light stain over the entire table. lightest shade available will do fine.
9. wipe off excess stain and allow 2 days to completely dry.
10. lastly, add a protective coat.